Romantic souls often choose Australia as their holiday destination. Truth to be told, Australia holds beautiful places that are to be experienced holding your loved one’s hand.
If you are planning a honeymoon, a surprise holiday or a perfect getaway for romantic moments with your partner, we have some suggestions for you. You will experience unforgettable moments in some of the most beautiful spots on the planet earth.
Here are our chosen lovely destinations for a romantic trip to Australia.
Who says a city holiday can’t be a romantic trip? If you are a couple that enjoys a buzzing and modern atmosphere head straight to Australia’s most famous cities of Melbourne and Sydney.
Both cities are cosmopolitan and multi-cultural places that thrive with art, music, modern living, bars and restaurants. Festivals during the summer are filling the streets with most romantic events under the clear sky of stars.
Melbourne’s most romantic places and experiences:
· Hot air balloon flight over Melbourne
· Dinner cruise on the Yarra River
· Observe the stars from the sky itself! Visit the Melbourne star observation wheel!
· Peninsula hot spring spa – enjoy the best natural environment and hot springs.
· Jazz clubs, theaters, shows and musicals
· Overnight at the ZOO
Sydney most romantic places and experiences:
· Night climb at the Sydney Harbour bridge
· Visit the outdoor summer cinema
· Vivid Sydney festival – light installations and projections on the most popular buildings in Sydney. Mesmerizing light shows and music shows under the night sky.
· Sydney Harbour dinner cruise
· Sea life aquarium disco
· Private dining at sea life aquarium
· Performance at the Sydney Opera House
If your idea of a perfect romantic trip is associated with crystal-clear blue water and sunny days on the beach, this is the perfect place for you and your loved one.
Whitsunday Island is a beautiful island in the group of islands with the same name in Central Queensland Australia. Endless sandy beaches and mesmerizing sunset are on your daily menu. From here you can visit the Great Barrier Reef. The largest coral reef system on the planet. The view – indescribable.
The warm clear water and biodiversity offer great scuba diving experiences.
The famous heart reef is a naturally heart-shaped coral reef that is very beautiful and popular. It’s only accessible by air. Due to its protected status, you are not allowed to snorkel near the reef.
The seaplane can land near to the heart reef after it gives you a great view from the air. It’s a breathtaking view. Many visitors have found the moment as the most special one to “pop the question” to their loved one!
Don’t miss to:
· Have a romantic dinner in the sunset
· Visit the Whitehaven beach
· Take cruises around the islands
· Visit some of the best-class resorts
For couples that love a fairly long road trip with some of the best sceneries in the world, Australia is the place to drive. A car, your soulmate and your favorite tunes to sing along with. And that’s not all.
The Great Ocean Road is stretching for 224km along the south-eastern coast of Australia. It’s famous for the breath-taking drive through mesmerizing sceneries. Along the road, you can stop by to enjoy the most beautiful Australian beaches.
Stretching from Torquay all the way through to Allansford we recommend going on the Great Ocean Road journey for at least 3 days. Yes, 3 days in order to stop whenever you find a good view to enjoy.
Sleeping in the car or your tent, this journey is for couples that love an adventurous, very intimate and romantic time together.
Here is what you can visit alongside the Great Ocean Road:
1. The Blue Lake at Mt Gambier – the lake is in a large volcanic crater. The color of the clear water will take your breath away.
2. The Coastal park – Enjoy a romantic sunset from the Eastern Ramparts Lookout. It feels like you are all alone in the middle of nowhere.
3. Griffiths Islands at Port Fairy – Enjoy the sunrise in the most idyllic area alongside the ocean. The colony of birds will be your only friends around the shore.
4. Port Campbell National Park – This national park is full of mesmerizing arch rock formations and caves. There are some great views you don’t want to miss inside the Port Campbell National Park.
5. The Twelve Apostles – 12 limestone rocks coming out of the water. Amazing view.
6. Apollo Bay – a small coastal town, with a beautiful beach to enjoy the sunrise or sunset from.
7. Kennett River Koala Walk – in the Otway Rainforest along the Grey river road you can see the beautiful Koalas. You haven’t truly visited Australia without meeting a Koala bear!
To read more on topics like this, check out the travel category.