When you’re ready to have the last hoorah before you tie the know, there are a few tips that every bride-to-be should know when throwing her bachelorette party. These five tips will help you have the most memorable night of your life, with laughs and memories you can talk about for years to come.
This may seem like a no-brainer, but knowing how you and your party are going to get around the city in safety during your party is probably the most important tip for having a good night. The last thing you want is a DUI, car accident, or to be left with no way to get from point A to point B.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Have everyone pool together a “car fund”. This can be a just a few dollars each and can help offset the costs of transportation for the night. If you’re not going to be drinking, you can choose a driver and a vehicle, but you’ll still need the gas money to get around.
- Choose a ride service. Uber, Lyft, or your local taxi service can provide your party with rides to specific destinations. Do some research beforehand and choose the ride service that best fits your needs and budget for the evening.
- Rent a limo. If you’re looking to travel around the city in luxury and class, renting a limo can help with both; and provide you with a driver. While the most expensive of all your options, this can add an extra element of fun to your evening.
Choose Your Destinations Wisely
Does the bride prefer a classy nightclub or a small town bar feel? It’s important to know what the bride (and the rest of the party) will have fun doing and what they’ll dislike. Be sure to ask everyone coming what they like (ask the bride first to avoid bridezilla) and then plan your night accordingly.
Some cool ideas:
- A rooftop bar, like this San Diego rooftop bar, provides a unique bar experience with stunning views and an open-air atmosphere. A different approach to the bar scene, this could be just the thing to make your night memorable.
- Try a classy restaurant and nightclub for an upscale experience. Since the night is all about spoiling the bride and her entourage, try picking an upscale restaurant with a nightclub attached. You can eat quality food and then enjoy a classy club atmosphere afterward.
These are just a few suggestions. Of course, there are hundreds of options for your bachelorette party. Just remember that having a plan ahead of time is the best way to ensure the night goes smoothly.
Traditionally, the bride’s entourage is supposed to plan the bachelorette party, often without consulting the bride. This is all well and fine if you’d like to go the traditional route, but knowing the bride is essential to this working out.
If you pick activities that the bride has no interest in, chances are your night may fall apart. You don’t have to outright ask the bride what she likes, just pay attention to stories she tells and when she mentions certain activities. For example, if the bride-to-be mentions the horrible experiences she’s had at nightclubs, maybe planning a club expedition isn’t the best option.
Likewise, if the bride says how much she loved that one upscale French restaurant downtown, the spot could be worth putting on the list. Whether you choose to include the bride in your plans or keep it a surprise, you should at least take into consideration the bride’s likes and dislikes. After all, no one wants an unhappy bride!
Nightclubs, bars, restaurants, and parties. These are all fun and traditional bachelorette party destinations, but what if you shook things up a bit and left the bride (or your girls, if you’re the bride doing the planning) a truly memorable experience? Here are some cool outside-the-box ideas to make your bachelorette party a one of a kind experience.
- Go skydiving. Get the bride to jump out of a plane. You can schedule individual or group jumps. Skydiving is a truly one of a kind experience, and one that makes many bucket lists.
- Play paintball. Do you ever just wanna pepper your friends with fast moving balls filled with paint? Paintball involves CO2 powered guns that shoot high-velocity paintballs which explode on impact. Not your average bachelorette party.
- Take a road trip. This simple activity can create some memorable experiences as you travel across your state or country.
- Go to a festival. A music or art fest can include all the social pleasures and endless party atmosphere of a nightclub in an outdoor and free-flowing environment.
The bride and everyone else will thank you for mixing things up a bit, but remember to keep in mind everyone’s likes and dislikes. Not everyone likes being shot with paintballs or is interested in jumping out of a plane.
You can hire a photographer to follow your group around during the night and take pictures of your awesome experiences. Likewise, you can designate one of the girls to do the job. You’ll want to remember those flashy nightclubs or stunning sky-high scenery with a good photo to share on social media or simply frame and mount on your wall at home.
Either way, if you want to remember your night (this is especially useful if your drinks flow freely all night) hiring a photographer can be a great way to memorialize the once in a lifetime event.